An applicant is eligible for Naturalization where he or she can meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have Permanent Residence Status (Green Card) for five years subsequent to application. If married to a U.S. Citizen, the permanent residency requirement is three years.
- Must have resided for at least three months within the state the petition was filed.
- Must be physically present in the U.S. for at least one-half of the five years (one half of the three years for spouse of a Citizen).
- Must have resided continuously within the U.S. from the date the application was filed up to the time of admission to citizenship.
- Must not be absent for a period more than one year during the period residence is required. (Five years or three years)
- Must be a person of good moral character.